Let’s just say that sewing-wise things were on pretty shaky ground on day 1. I did manage to get this out before the day ended, but it was a day of sewing and ripping seams, and then the same process repeated…oh don’t know how many times.
I have no idea why this happened. The pattern from Oliver+S was easy enough; the instructions super as is always is the case with all of Liesl’s patterns. I could figure out what to do without having to read most of the instructions twice. The pockets gave me a hard time though, because the folds were crucial and I think that’s kind of where things got stuck for a while. And after that I never really got back into my sewing groove.
I had in fact been looking forward to making this for ages, and went through many fabric choices to settle on this one. I am glad I did, because not only is it a lovely colour (blue-green, which of course meets N’s approval) but also because it is a very forgiving print.Whatever my mistakes, the skirt has turned out to be very very elegant. N of course can’t see any of the mistakes (the blue buttons delighted her!) Hopefully I won’t notice them as much in a few days as well.